m88 john Terry and Frank Lampard (10) have had the most Soccer Worldcup appearances of the Three Lions’ soccer team.
Does the England Soccer Team Have What It Takes for the 2010 Soccer Worldcup?
by: Stewart Rigley
The Champion Soccer Worldcup Players
England FIFA Soccer Worldcup Accomplishments
- On October 8, 2005, England started a succession of ten consecutive victories in FIFA World Soccer qualifiers. As a player for Italy, Capello’s greatest game was ironically in 1973 against England at Wembley. Their failure to qualify in three world soccer qualifying games has also impacted the team’s overall success.
- England’s entrance to Soccer Worldcup was in 1950 in Brazil and since then they have taken part in 11 global showpieces. Front-man Peter Crouch is not to be excluded with his four strikes in as many games and Tottenham’s Jermain Defoe flaunting his skill with 3 goals in only 135 minutes of play. With a new spark of possibility for the Three Lions’ squad, the team needs to recuperate their image. However this victory is now a distant recollection as the team failed to attest their cup as presumed, in 1970. England’s solitary Soccer Worldcup triumph was a home win in 1966. Known for his authoritarian style, Capello has had a considerable effect on the England soccer team and has reshaped them from a situation of desolation to one of hope as they enter the South Africa Worldcup 2010 as true candidates.
But, following a wave of inferior performance under Sven-Goran Eriksson and Steve McClaren, there seems to be a new lift of energy in the team thanks to coach Fabio Capello. Supporting goal scorers are midfielders Steven Gerrard (3) and Frank Lampard (4). Their first and only win was on home ground in 1966.
Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney has presented immense commitment and is the leading goal scorer having scored 9 goals in 9 matches. However this came to an immediate end on October 10, 2009 when they were defeated 1-0 by Ukraine.
Fabio Capello was born on June 18, 1946 in San Canzian d’Isonzo, Italy and has been awarded numerous honors including multiple Serie A and La Liga titles. With their present display of confidence and the fact that the weather conditions throughout the South Africa Worldcup 2010 will be to their benefit, England absolutely stand a chance of at least gaining a semi-final place.
Visit here : http://www.hhht888.com
Latest posts by Rebecca P. Padron (see all)
- Australian betting on football club suspended| Reuters - March 18, 2017
- NJ lawmakers OK sports betting; Fed fight ahead - March 2, 2017
- How To Master Sports Betting - February 15, 2017